... pecorino cheese fresh pecorino cheese Pecorino Gran Riserva 12 months Pecorino Gran Riserva 24 months and: fruit honey Compagni di cacio (= Cheese Companions) bread Small Artichokes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil etc.
For the 40th grape harvest, for the aperitifs, the Viallini combined a classic with a novelty: typical pecorino cheese, in all its variations, with the new bottle-fermented méthode traditionnelle sparkling wine, the 40 “senza filtri”.Here are a few suggestion for preparing a typical Viallino “aperitivo”:
- “Mandala" of Sun-dried Cherry Tomatoes, Orange Olives and Small Artichokes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pecorino Gran Riserva 12 months cut into little triangles and served with Peperonata Dolce
- Pecorino Gran Riserva 24 months (cut a “hat” off the cheese wheel and dig flakes out of the inside using a suitable cheese knife) to be served with Balsamic Onion Compote or Chestnut Honey
- Pecorino cut into cubes and served with seasonal fruit (figs, grapes, etc.)
- Crostino with Pecorino: Small slices of white bread with a slice of fresh pecorino on top, dressed with a drop of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and a few rosemary leaves, quickly heated in the oven until the cheese begins to melt, then served straight away