Taking care of the soil and biodiversity, the cyclic production system (waste-compost-reuse), respect for people and the use of renewable energy sources, have led to outstanding quality results and important international recognition: “Winery of the Year International” at the Mundus Vini Biofach (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015), “Best Producer Organic Italy” at the Berliner Wine Trophy (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2010), “Italian Wine Producer of the Year” at the IWSC (= International Wine and Spirit Competition) in London (2017 and 2016).
- featured in a documentary by the EEA for the 15th United Nations Climate Change Conference, in Copenhagen, as an example of an Eco Sustainable Farm.
- shortlisted at the DNP (German National Sustainability Award), one of the 7 best companies in the small and medium-sized businesses category.
- winner of the prestigious B.A.U.M. (German Environmental Management Association) Award for “outstanding commitment to environmental protection and sustainable development”.
- promoted from “Carbon Neutral” to “Climate Positive” by NatureOffice, a German company that conducts sustainable environmental and climate protection projects.
- the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), together with the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) chose Fattoria La Vialla as one of the #GenerationRestoration Partners for the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. The Programme aims to create a global movement to prevent, halt, and reverse the degradation of ecosystems, in which sustainable and regenerative agriculture plays a key role. Read more at www.decadeonrestoration.org